Thursday, February 22, 2007

I Heart Orange

Orange sweater vest, Cherokee. White lace shirt, Newport News. Orange and brown tweed skirt, Newport News. Boots, Nine West. Beaded necklaces, Body Central.

I have a soft spot in my heart for orange. It is the underdog of colors; so few people like orange that I feel sorry for it. I’ve tried to introduce more orange into the world, but it isn’t easy. I’ve got an orange couch (in a shade described as “persimmon”), but orange clothing is generally in short supply outside of Halloween and Bengals wear. I can’t tell you how thrilled I was to see this coral shade show up in the spring palette at Target. I was so tickled that I paid full price for both this sweater vest and a casual tee in the same soft orange. I much prefer this color of the moment over the currently trendy mustard yellow.

I tried to get another swirly skirt picture in this skirt, but it didn’t turn out so well. If you like the skirt (and want to try for your own swirly picture), it is on clearance at Newport News for $14.99 (but only in size 6 and lavender).

4 comments:

Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...

I am an orange fan as well! Actually had orange as my wedding color (with pink) because I love it so much!

Kasmira said...

Orange and pink were my wedding colors too!

Anonymous said...

I love orange too but hate the mustard yellow thats around

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

Very cute outfit and I especially love that sweater vest and the color is adorable. I love orange though you're right it is not a very popular color. =(