Thursday, September 09, 2010

Lytle

Have you noticed the repetition of this backdrop? This is Lytle Park. Beefy takes these shots from his car. On the way to my office, he detours to this park, pulls to the curb, rolls down the window, and photographs me goofing around on the sidewalk.

Blazer, Forever 21 (swap). Dress, Moth. Shoes, Miss Me. Headband, Forever 21. Brooches (from top to bottom), my grandma, Beaded Garden, and Burlington Coat Factory.

This area is by no means deserted. The road is busy with cars and the park is a thoroughfare for foot and bicycle commuters. I can also usually count on a bum or utility workers joining my audience. It’s mortifying, but this time of day is sometimes the only opportunity I have for daylight pictures.


Past WhatIWore2Day photos from Lytle Park:


(Beefy left the car and we walked into the park for the Epaulets photo.)

I’m alternately laughing at my audacity and dying of embarrassment when we shoot here. Thus, there are a lot of downcast eyes and uncomfortable smiles in the photos. (Oh, and I’m also trying not to trip in my crazy shoes.)

Photos by Beefy Muchacho

11 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

Hahaha...great story!!! You look fabulous...despite the passers by!!!


Statements in Fashion

Jodi said...

I SO know what you mean.. each morning I go to some pre-identified sites for my self portraits and I always get ready to tell someone it is a photography assignment that I am doing or something like that. I feel like they think I must be so self-absorbed taking all these pics of myself.. especially since I take them in my neighbourhood and most people know or recognize me.... oh the obstacles we go through...

Angie said...

I always take my outfit fotos in the privacy of my own garden.I'm sooo ashamed to venture outside my garden.
As for the outfit the blazer fits nicely with the dress.

Sheila said...

Ha! If I had more ready access to the outdoors, I would take my pics outside.

I like the cluster of brooches - pretty!

Rebecca said...

It's hilarious that Beefy takes those photos from his car. The park is a nice backdrop.

Jayme said...

I couldn't know how you feel more!! I make up stories so I don't feel like an idiot...even though I always end up feeling that way anyway! Love the dress...that color is great on you

Anonymous said...

I love how you use three brooches together. Brilliant!

Lorena said...

God outdoor pictures are my nightmare.
I love this look, specially the brooches :)

Lorena said...

God outdoor pictures are my nightmare.
I love this look, specially the brooches :)

Kerry said...

The things we do for our art! Thanks for putting yourself through this, for our sake :)

Very nice brooch cluster.

Vanessa said...

I love pin garden so much that I grew my own flower garden on my lapel today. Thanks for the inspiration!

My lapel garden