Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Favorite Flannel

I didn’t anticipate falling so deeply in love with this thrifted, flannel shirt. The combination of nostalgia, warmth, and a fabulous shade of red proved to be irresistible. I am continually plotting outfits that make it work appropriate.


Dress, Merona (shortened). Flannel shirt, Mossimo (thrifted). Tights, We Love Colors. Pumps, BCBGeneration. Bag, fake D&G (thrifted). Tassels, Epcot Morocco. Bracelets, vintage, Target, and Garden of the Gods gift shop.


I thrifted the shirt in July and couldn’t wait for the weather to cool off enough to start wearing it.


I'm down to 28 cents per wear!

Are you wearing plaid flannel shirts this season?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I am constantly amazed at your remixing skills. And yes, I love everything about flannel: cute, cozy, and so very wearable.

peace&love, Jill
Help! How do I wear this?

Megan G said...

Love this layering. The patterns mix well together. The versatility is great, and your remix skills are insanely awesome.

My Own Fairytale said...

such a beautiful outfit! Love it.

XO Arezu

Catherine said...

Who knew flannel could be so stylish? You amaze me at how you use things in so many unexpected ways. Aw, I chose to wear my ol' brown tights instead of bright colored ones. Now I'm wishing I'd been brave. Love the blue tights!

Anonymous said...

I thrifted a similar flannel recently - I love all of the ways you've remixed yours. Great inspiration!

Chrysta @ LiveAndLoveWork.com said...

I don't own any plaid or flannel (if you're not counting sheets!), and I think this look is super cute!! I love it layered under this dress.

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

I wasn't planning on wearing a plaid flannel shirt but after seeing your post I WANT one.
Lucky I am off shopping today :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, my pseudonym is Pokemom.
Found your blog from MissusSmartypants and I love your creative mixes. Will be reading your how-tos so I can figure out how to mix and match without looking like a hobo. Thanks for inspiring us! Love your blog, love your style