Friday, June 01, 2012

Take Two

I attended the second annual Little Black Dress Event. I wore the same dress I wore to the office all day. In fact, it was the same dress I wore to the event last year. Because the LBD is all about versatility.


Dress, Banana Republic. Turquoise necklace, Serket Jewelry. Coral beaded necklace, vintage. Shoes, BCBGeneration. Clutch, Carlos Santana. Cuff and rings, vintage and/or gift.

Office to cocktail:

2011 and 2012:

To differentiate this year’s look, I changed up the accessories. And I ended up wearing a jacket much of the night because this year’s event was much cooler!




I also changed up my date. My friend Colette got to trot out her LBD (and Little Black Bag or LBB), too.



Photos by Beefy Muchacho with the Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 35 mm 1:1.8G lens

As an Honorary Fashionista, I circulated among the crowd, photographing my favorite LBDs.


Lauren, pictured here with her boyfriend, had a glamorous, 30’s look.


Leslie, of Shoefessional, took a picture of my shoes. I wish I’d gotten a close up of hers. They were fabulous!


Danielle wins the award for both “sexiest LBD look” and “awesomest hair.” I was so impressed with her ‘do that I took two pictures of Danielle.



Ok, “sexiest LBD look” and “awesomest hair” weren’t actual prize categories, but “best dressed” was and I nominated Sophia. Her dress had beautiful movement and her hair was also “awesome.”


This trio caught my eye. Ilene of 513 Eats was wearing an Amy Kirchen original. Bernard (center) might have been wearing the best shoes of the event. Del impressed me with his western hat.


Holly gets my vote for “looks most like an American movie star.”


Colette thought that Christine looked like an
Italian movie star, so we chased her down and took her picture.


Charlotte won the “best dressed” grand prize: a Jaguar for the weekend. The cut-outs on her dress and her accessories were so on trend. Although you can’t see it in the photo, she was wearing one of her own necklace creations.

I had such a wonderful time meeting all these well-dressed ladies. I can’t wait for next year.

4 comments:

Megan G said...

Wow! Well your look turned out fabulous. I love how your accessories were in the same color family, but the same dress carried you from work to play.

All the ladies look fabulous, and it sounds like the event was a blast. I also love how the guys got in on the black-clothing-event by showing off their stuff too!

maryeb said...

I agree with Megan. I love how you styled your dress from day to night. You look wonderful.
Thanks for sharing the pics of all the other lovely ladies. It looks like a fun event.

Diana said...

Very cool. Again, Really like your choice of accessories with your dress. And I really liked your dates dress paired with the mid-calf tights. Thanks for sharing!

Diana
thisonegirlsays.wordpress.com

Rose Vanden Eynden said...

:Waves at Colette and Kasmira:

You ladies all looked awesome! So many lovely looks!