Thursday, August 01, 2013

Summer Cut

I gave this dress a summer cut and chopped off the sleeves. The puffy, cap sleeves were always a bit twee for me. Sleeveless, this dress has many more layering possibilities.*


Dress, Jovovich Hawk for Target (altered). Vest, Express (thrifted). Obi belt, Sugadaminka. Heels, Prabal Gurung for Target. Sunglasses, Girl Props. Necklace, Heart Boutique. Bracelets, Target, thrifted, and Tala’s Distant Treasures. Bag, Go Jane.


Now and then:




*Although I could have worn this particular mix with the sleeves.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Every time you wear those shoes I kick myself for not purchasing a similar pair last year. You continue to inspire me with your clothing!

Anonymous said...

Superb idea, cutting off the sleeves! It looks beautiful styled that way.
sp :)

Lorena said...

For me it works bothways... but we both know that it has to work for you, not me. Very clever idea to maximise the use of an item.