Crossroads Trading Co.
I told a local about my first visit to Crossroads and she said, “Where are you from? The moon?” Apparently, Crossroads, a local resale clothing chain, is well known and loved. I can see why!
1. Ethnic scarf, $6.50.
2. Native backpack, $12.50
3. Red bebe blazer, $7.50. I think this is a fake Bebe jacket. Although why anyone would go through the trouble to fake Bebe is beyond me. (I love me some slutty Bebe, but it isn’t usually well made.) This jacket is probably of better quality than real Bebe.
4. J Crew mint tweed mini, $15.00.
5. Diane von Furstenburg silk zebra dress, $18.50
6. Gray bag, $2.50. Beefy says this is a bowling bag, but I say it is a bowling style bag. It isn’t big enough to actually hold a bowling ball.
7. Turquoise sweater, $2.50
8. Levi’s denim shirt, $4.00. This shirt is great. It’s fitted enough to button up and tuck into a skirt, but also has a nice shape to wear open, like a jacket.
My Sister’s Closet
After going way over budget last year, I banned myself from My Sister’s Closet. I had become so accustomed to averting my eyes as I walked by the storefront that I passed it by a few weeks ago before remembering: “It’s January! It’s a new year and a new budget!” And I found another treasure.
9. Chaus Jeanswear red and black buffalo plaid skirt, $12
10. Plenty by Tracy Reese Glasbury plaid skirt, $2.99. The Diane von Furstenburg was a score, but this skirt was a coup!
This is a fancy consignment store full of designer duds. Most of it is too rich for my blood, but I do like to browse the sale rack.
11. Da Nang silk camo pants, $25.00. I know you can’t tell from the photo, in fact you can’t even tell from a few inches away in real life, but these pants are the smoothest, dreamiest, matte silk. If only my uniform camouflage pants had been made from this fabric (and not starched cardboard-stiff)!
January total: $108.99
Total spending for the year: $108.99
Remaining 2014 budget: $1691.01
What was your favorite purchase this month?