Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Bocce

This is my bocce ball outfit. Seriously. I played bocce ball with 89-year-old Octavio this afternoon in this ensemble. He and his friends really liked my style. Unfortunately, bocce ball is a game of skill, not style, and I lost badly.


Sweater, thrifted. Shirt, FY2 (thrifted). Shorts, San Souci. Tights, We Love Colors. Boots, Joe’s. Sunglasses, Meow Meow. Earrings, street fair. Bag, Canvas Boutique.


I actually showed up at the bocce courts hoping to take photos of the old men playing, but the courts were quiet. One man sat on the bench and a second was spinning in circles. The spinner insisted he only refereed and the benchwarmer invited me to play. It seemed rude to refuse, so I gave it a go. Octavio was well on his way to beating me when two more gentlemen arrived to gawk at the silly lady playing bocce ball in high heels and short shorts. I’m sure they were even more entertained when I bellyflopped on the court to get this shot for my 365 project:


My partner, Octavio:


He told me that 39 is a “good age.” I think that 89 is good, too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that's a perfect outfit for bocce. Much better than a dress. And the colors match the ball colors.

And how fun to play a pick up game of bocce! Was that on your list? I'm sure you made their day. Think of the fun they can have with this story!

~J

Beefy Muchacho said...

I'm typically jealous when you hang out with strange men, but I fully endorse you playing Bocce with octogenarian Italians. (Octogenarian Octavio!!)

I love the picture of him. It's the kind of slice of life stuff I really like.

Kasmira said...

Bocce wasn't on my list, but it certainly was a fun adventure!

Anonymous said...

That just warms my heart for some reason! I couldn't play it at 56 so kudos to Octavio!

DressUpNotDown said...

Picturing you bellyflopped to take that photo gave me a good giggle! :o) GREAT outfit!!!

JJ
www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com