Thursday, August 06, 2015

Good Breakfast

I got the BEST compliment today:

”Girl, I know you ate something good for breakfast because it shows.”

In fact, I have been eating some excellent breakfasts. I usually eat two morning meals and have been emphasizing whole, vegan foods and limited grains. I tend to make the first breakfast sweeter and the second more savory but incorporate a variety of colors and lots of fiber and protein in each one. I’ve been replacing rice and wheat with quinoa and oats. (I also like barley and buckwheat in place of traditional grains.)

My power breakfasts make me feel great and it’s nice to know it shows!


Dress, Parker. Shoes, Franco Sarto. Hat, Milani. Sunglasses, Marc by Marc Jacobs. Earrings, Francesca’s. Belt, H&M. Bag, Aldo.


Alcohol is not a part of my eating plan, but who could resist a cocktail at a bar with this selection of bitters and tinctures? As long as it’s past noon . . .


At Bottle and Barlow

3 comments:

In Kinsey's Closet said...

I love the dress and the shoes. It's good to hear you're eating healthy breakfasts!

laniza said...

I'd love to see a 'what I ate today' post. I'm always looking for healthy breakfast/snack/lunch ideas :)

Anonymous said...

What I ate today sounds good to me too! I'm growing a little tired of my current grain recipes, but know they are good for me.

~J