Sunday, January 24, 2016

Outdoorsy

I have a hard time getting people to believe I’m outdoorsy. I don’t mind sitting in the dirt, sleeping under the stars, or going without hot water. I’m not Revenant level hard core, but I suppose I could eat a freshly caught fish, raw, if I had to. (The scene where Hugh Glass sucked marrow out of the bones of an old carcass was a little nauseating.)


Plaid shirt, Salt Valley (consignment). Tee and skirt, Mossimo. Tights, We Love Colors. Leg warmers, Apostrophe. Boots, Dan Post. Sunglasses, Coco Sunglasses. Earrings, Charming Charlie. Bag, vintage.



I found an owl tree in our neighborhood this morning and Beefy and I returned (after the Revenant) to collect some owl pellets for dissection. I didn’t eat any, since I’d already had Smashburger, but I did smell them. For a pile of fur and bones vomited up by an owl, they didn’t smell much at all. Just sort of musty.


You may still not be convinced that I’m outdoorsy, but I’m certainly not prissy!

No comments: