Saturday, February 20, 2016

Keep It Legal

A surprising number of items in my wardrobe have one primary function: cover my butt so I can “legally” wear leggings as pants. I wear my leggings under short shorts, tunics, miniskirts, and, my favorite, this overall “dress.” It’s so convenient to go from lounge wear to street wear by just layering it over leggings and a top.


Vest, J Crew. Overall dress, Hydraulic (thrifted). Sweater, Charlotte Russe. Leggings, Xhilaration. Boots, Style & Co (thrifted). Sunglasses, Meow Meow. Earrings, Claire’s.


Conversely, I guess the leggings keep all my crotch scrapers “legal.” Without leggings, I’d always be flashing my goods since I rarely “sit like a lady” or do anything else “like a lady.” My ladylike days were over when we became dog people.

No comments: