Monday, November 28, 2016

In the Now

Sometimes I wonder if I’m “doing” San Francisco right. My leisure trips there always turn into aimless wandering, eating, and drinking. The city makes me feel present. I am so satisfied with each moment that I fail to have any sort of direction to my day. When it’s over, I have a hard time remembering what I did; my recollection is a blur of sights and tastes and smells. As a usually very productive person, I have a hard time justifying an entire day given over to the senses. But I think that’s just the sort of reset I need, especially as I spent the next two days preparing for an important presentation.


Jacket, BCBG Max Azria (consignment). Sweater, Charlotte Russe. Skirt, Chaus Jeanswear (consignment). Boots, Style & Co (thrifted). Scarf, gift. Backpack, Toms (gift). Gloves, gift.

No comments: