Saturday, December 17, 2016

Reindeer Treats

You’d probably come to an agility event and think, “Oh, these are a bunch of boring, old, grandmas” (and the odd gay man). But you’d be wrong. These bitches know how to party!


Sweater, Chaps. Tunic, Forever 21. Leggings, Express. Boots, Steve Madden.


The annual WAG (Western Agility Group) holiday party is an easy six (6!) hours long. The highlight is the big box game. We take turns rolling the dice for our turn to done oven mitts, a hat, and a scarf to try to open layers of wrapped (and often duct-taped) boxes for the prizes within. It gets pretty cutthroat when a second lady rolls a qualifying number right after the first, denying the first woman a chance to attack the packages. I didn’t get lucky with the dice many times this year, but I did win a toy that Jasper destroyed within 30 minutes of my return home.


The big box game - just getting started.

Don't even get me started on the gift exchange. It's Dirty Santa, but the goal seems to be to outdo everyone else and bring the gift that is stolen the most. Who cares what you steal, as long as everyone coveted what you brought.

And, finally, the food. THE FOOD!!! Despite my best intentions, I always forget my diet resolutions and eat way too much dessert.

No comments: